Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nail Art Idea: Polka Dots/Checks

When I was little, there was a song on the Disney Channel called "Polka Dots, Checks & Stripes". I have no idea what the point of it was, other than to honor a young girl's ridiculous fashion choices (her name was Sue, I believe?), but I got the song stuck in my head as I looked at my nail art brush today. And then I got an idea.

Light pink polish: Wet n' Wild; Black nail art: L.A. Colors Art Deco
Right hand was done asymmetrically from the right one, just for kicks!

This fun idea is asymmetrical, which I think makes it more interesting. I've been seeing a lot of plaid manicures lately in magazines, and I thought I'd mix it up a bit by trying a spin-off. I didn't like the idea of plaid on every fingernail, so I decided to intersperse it with polka dots - one of my favorite patterns! The black atop light pink polish gave it a girly-meets-edgy look that I rather like. Especially since my toes are hot hot pink with black french tips. Should have taken a pic of that too, oh well! At any rate, I like this spin-off and I will definitely try some other color variations next time!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment