Friday, June 3, 2011

How to Style: Cargo Jeggings

I bought a pair of cargo jeggings.
Oddly enough, this trend had never appealed to me until a few weeks ago when I got sucked in. I found a pair of American Eagle Cargo Jeggings and decided to try them on. I was instantly addicted to the soft fabric and utilitarian feel they had. I felt like when I was wearing them I was a tough, practical girl who was ready for anything from exploring outdoors to sight-seeing in a foreign city. Obviously my imagination was getting away with me. I bought them without having a clue what I had in my closet to wear them with. I'm honestly still trying different combinations, but I settled on this outfit to share this morning. It's a great mixture of tough, tribal and bohemian. See what I mean...

Cargo Jeggings, American Eagle; Handkerchief Tank, Collective Concepts; Scarf, World Market; Nude Peep-Toe Sandals, Dana Buchman; Shades, Merona; Earrings, Earthbound Trading Co.


I feel like the drapey, soft tank top offsets the tight and trendy jeggings. It's a great way to make the look more feminine (sometimes a plain tee can come off looking too masculine with cargos, unless of course that's the look you're going for!)I added the tribal scarf and wooden earrings to play into my inner explorer; I'm fascinated by the colors and textures of other cultures! I bought the nude heels last week and I'm in love! They work well with this look because nude is an all-around go-to color for any outfit, and paired with a basic palette and the trendy jeans, it dresses the outfit up and gives it a more age-appropriate vibe. Sometimes if you go had-over-heels for a trend (like wearing a band tee, cargo jeggings and chucks) it can come across as a teenage clothing catalog. Celebs can rock cargo jeggings and so can you, it just requires a little pulling it together!
Most surprising about cargo jeggings is the fact that I was sure they'd make my thighs look fatter...but they don't! So if that's something you're afraid of, I dare you to try on a pair, you might be surprised! This pair I'm wearing is on sale right now at ae.com
Click the link to check 'em out!

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of nude heels, but have always been afraid that they wouldn't look as good on me for whatever reason..same thing with the concept of jeggings of any kind. I love that outfit you put together up top. Where did your get you white tank at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tank is from TJ Maxx! And I think you could definitely pull off nude heels or jeggings! They make a lot of styles that closely resemble jeans now, and the reason I like them is that they move with you. I hate feeling constrained by jeans.

    ReplyDelete