Monday, August 23, 2010

Leaving Trails

This photo of Mary Kate Olsen appeared in a fashion magazine a few years ago, and every once in a while I think about it. Here's the thing: I used to hate faux leather/lamé leggings, but she makes them look so chic! I tried on a pair once and I couldn't decide if they were for me or not. But I think I've decided that this is a look I need to try this fall. What I like about Mary Kate's look here is that she mixes the edgy leggings with a casual top and interesting shoes:

So here is my pick for a cute, easy outfit using faux leather leggings, a la Forever 21. Each one of these pieces has a nice price point and could be easily incorporated into your fall wardrobe, as well as make this style wearable.

Suedette Cutout Heels - $26.80
Thermal Knit Tunic - $15.80
Relaxed Waterfall Vest in Olive - $24.80
Edgy Sparkle Leggings - $14.80
I like the idea of pairing these leggings with some really amazing heels and either a knit tunic or a knit vest. The contrast between the two fabrics helps keep the leggings from looking like "too much". Wearing a tight fitting top layer would take the look from cutting-edge to trashy realllllly fast. So play with your proportions - tight on the bottom, big on top, and add some statement shoes. I'm going to go to the store and see if I can grab these. I'll post pics when I get some :)

No comments:

Post a Comment