Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Getting back in the game

Well hello there! It certainly has been a while since I posted, and I regret it. But I promise I have a good reason for my hiatus: I got pregnant and gave birth to the most amazing little girl in February! She is 5 weeks old now, and I am constantly amazed by her. My little fashionista's name is Stella - and here she is modeling for you:

Ok, now that I have finished bragging, I wanted to say that updates are coming to the blog! As you may have guessed, motherhood has caused me to view fashion differently. It's still my passion, but I have learned (in just a few short weeks!) that being a mom means creating an easy, polished, personal style that can be curated carefully to fit your needs. Let's face it, running around in heels and designer dresses is not always possible when you have a little one in tow. BUT I am a firm believe that motherhood does not mean death to your personal style, and indeed, it has not caused me to lose mine! I had a wonderful pregnancy, and maintained my fashion sense throughout, and so far it has been a fun adventure doing the same post-partum. I want to use this blog as an opportunity to discuss simple, affordable, and mom-friendly fashion. Of course this doesn't mean the blog is for moms only - I think that my pre-motherhood self could have benefited greatly from having a more purposeful and practical approach to my style. I hope you like the coming updates! Please feel free to comment with suggestions as well!

Oh - and here is one of my maternity photos when I was about halfway along with Miss Stella :) 
Dress: Asos maternity; Hat: vintage


No comments:

Post a Comment